Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Brand –
Expert in smart system solutions
“More and more assets are being digitized and integrated into systems as part of the Internet of Things. Often the enthusiasm was greater and the technical solutions suffer from teething problems or the real benefits have not materialized. How to use IoT systems developed properly and gets it going can be learned through experience.”
Daniel Brand is a passionate entrepreneur and engineer from the heart. As a multiple founder, he has years of experience in combining components from a wide range of trades and with different communication protocols to form a functioning system. Brand has been a graduate engineer since 1998. With more than 100,000 communicative data points in the building and more than 500,000 IoT units in the Smart City, he has an excellent knowledge of functioning connectivity and applications. He has been working intensively on the topic of Smart City for years and is often called on to projects in the implementation or development phase
Daniel and myself have been in contact many years and worked on both ZigBee based developments and and outdoor lighting controls projects. He mastered his projects even if they have been challenging.
Baudouin Droulers - Director at Matlog, France
Daniel took part in my training on “Remote Sensing – Earth Observation”. It was fun to later implement these methods and possibilities into real smart city applications. We will continue to work together beyond the training.
I used to work together with Daniel on several Streetlight Controls Projects in Switzerland and also in Europe. It was always an excellent relationship and we always found the right solutions.
MY SERVICES AROUND THE DIGITAL CITY WILL HELP YOU IF
- it should be good 😉
- typical mistakes should be avoided through many years of experience
- choosing the right components and protocols is a challenge
- a network of suppliers and development partners is needed
- international requirements are unclear and good intercultural communication is important.
WITH MY MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, I SUPPORT WITH
- the design of a functioning system architecture
- selection of suitable communication technologies and components
- innovative solutions around the project to be designed
- protectable ideas up to patent application
- troubleshooting if things did not go as expected
WHY I AM THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOUR PROJECT
- 14 years of experience in Smart City such as digital street lighting and 10 years as a system integrator in building automation.
- Founding member and inventor of one of the first radio based systems for digital street lights in Europe.
- 19 patents and applications in the past 12 years – and more to come!
- Experience in large projects with LonWorks, ZigBee, LoRaWan, Cellular and NB-IoT, DALI, TALQ, LWM2M, COAP and many more.
- Extensive trainings at the University of St. Gallen, at the Hasso Plattner Institute and at Stanford University